With Covid 19, you've had to buy all these new clear plexiglass or acrylic barriers for your business. Now how do you keep your investment clean and clear? Using the wrong materials and solutions to clean your plexi and acrylic shields will scratch and make your shields become cloudy over time and ruining your expensive protective shields.
Here are some tips for cleaning and caring for your expensive plexiglass or acrylic protective shields .
- Always use a lint-free microfiber towel, not a paper towel or cotton cloth; these materials can scratch the surface and make it cloudy.
- Never use a cleaning agent like Windex that contains ammonia on your plexiglass/polycarbonate. Ammonia can degrade their chemical bonds and make the surface cloudy.
- Never use a cleaning agent that contain aromatics, isopropyl alcohol, solvents such as acetone, dry-cleaning fluid, or any abrasive cleanser.
- Any surface dust and debris could potentially scratch the surface, before using any cleaning products, gently wipe away any surface dust and debris, or use soap and water to wipe down the surface.
- Dry with a lint-free microfiber towel.
NOTE: Cleaning your plexiglass on a regular basis with the proper material will keep it clean and germ-free, clear and scratch-free for a long time.
Jude's Miracle Cloth is a patented, premium, smooth, lint-free, scratch-free microfiber and is the perfect material to keep your new protective barriers sparkling clean! Get yours today to protect your investment!